Tuesday 7 April 2009

Isiro, DR Congo

Im back in Manchester now after after my week in the Netherlands with Medair. It is very difficult to know how to summarise such an intense week, but i can certainly say i've learnt a lot about humanitarian work, about living and working in a team and about myself. I've been back at home for 10 days and im still processing all that happened. It was great to be in that environment though, surrounded by so many passionate, committed and professional people from all over the world

during the week i was spoken to about a Finance and logistics role in the DR Congo, in a town called Isiro. There was so much to take in during the ROC that i didn't want to make any decisons there and then. I've since had contact with Medair and feel there is where God is leading me. Its looking like I will be heading out there in June. Excitement, awe, fear, some degree of panic - these are some of the emotions im feeling right now, all normal im told. I will post more details about my role in the near future. Thanks for everybodys encouragement and prayers - you're all amazing!!!

No comments: