Saturday 6 June 2009

And so the adventure begins


So its been a hectic week. My friends and family gave me a great send off at home. Somebody said to me recently that there is always a cost of everything you do for God. Wise words!!! The lives of my family and friends will be moving forward, as will mine. I'm sure there will be quite a few things that I will miss out on.

I finally rented the flat out at the 11th hour. On Wednesday at 4pm i recived the confirmation that a girl would take it. I was leaving for the airport 2 hours later. Why does God always work like that? Ansers on a postcard

Anyway Im in Kampala now. Its been a great few days meeting the Medair staff here and geting to know the city. On Friday I recieved my visa for the DR Congo, so on Monday I will fly to Bunia and then on to Isiro.

It feels good to be here. For now this is the right place for me to be. There is nothing quite like walking in the will of God, even when you consider the costs that might be involved.

1 comment:

Steve Douglas said...

Hey mate. good to see you got theren safe and well. Always good to see God keeping you on your toes!! well... it wouldn't be any fun otherwise, would it!!

Quick bit of news. I'm moving to guildford in July. Decided to have a change of scene.