Sunday 17 August 2008

A Good Day!!!

Today has been a pretty good day. I was preaching at a church in Chingola today, to about 100 people, and ive got to say im buzzing at the moment. I preached on faith (hebrews 11 if you're interested). I had no idea but it turns out the pastor and some people in the church were given the same message by God this week. Don't you just love it when God turns up!!! There was a real sense that the Lord is saying something to this church about the importance of faithfulness and how we respond to this challenge! it was exciting.

Anyway im off to the bush tomorrow until Friday. We are camping out in a village not far from
Chingola. We will use this village as our base, and travel out to see some other churches in the area each day, visiting rural communities, running some ministry time with them and basically getting alongside them. I am told that not many Westerners go into the villages and live alongside the people there so it should be interesting.

What else have I been doing with my time! Some finance stuff for the mission out here and 1 or two other practical things as well!

I was also offered the chance to go to Cape Town the other day, for 6 days in September . On Friday I was going. it was basically a holiday, no work involved. After some prayer though, i have decided not to bother. I am already planning 6 days in Livingstone at the end of the trip, to see Victoria Falls and some of the parks in that area. So if id gone to Cape Town i would have nearly two weeks holiday...it would have been nice but thats not really what i came out here for. There is a lot of work to be done with the Ministry here.

No comments: