Friday 25 December 2009

Happy Christmas

Happy Christmas from the Congo! Its strange being in a warmer climate at Christmas, especially when its snowing so much at home. I dont like being away from my fiancee Jennie or my family, but there is one good thing about being in the Congo at this time of year. I escape all the commercial hype that Christmas means in the Western world. A friend recently sent me a link to the Advent Conspiracy website. www.adventconspiracy.org/

The story of Christ`s birth is a story of Promise, hope and a revolutionary love.

So what happened? What was once a time to celebrate the birth of a Savior has somehow turned into a season of stress, traffic jams and shopping lists.

And when its all over, many of us are left with presents to return, looming debt that will take months to clear, and this empty feeling of missed puropse. Is this really what we want out of Christmas?

What if Christmas became a world changing event again?

An opprtunity to focus on the message Jesus brought to this world.

I will leave you with that message, a very merry Xmas to all.

No comments: